- What was the size and character of Nazareth at the time of Jesus?
- How did 1st Century Galilean villages vary and most important, what fundamental patterns could be recognized?
- What was the spatial evolution of such a village, and how would this reflect local topography, access to roads, fields?
- How were water resources used? Water storage and distribution were highly significant for village siting and evolution.
- What were the main installations for agricultural production, storage, drainage, communal and ceremonial spaces, security (people, animals), tombs?
- What structural typologies/ variations existed and how did they evolve over time?
- What was the exterior and interior spatial distribution of each building?
- What were the general plans, dimensions, and construction techniques for each type?
- What were the construction materials and techniques?
- What were the interior arrangements and use of space for storage, cooking, sleeping, heating, lighting, security, sanitation, etc.
Research Questions – Mark Goodman